Articles in "Tax Matters"

Moving expenses

Saturday, November 12, 2011   Tax Matters    

Generally, you can deduct moving expenses you paid in 2011 if both of the following apply: You moved to work or run a business or to study full-time at an educational institution that offers post-secondary courses. You moved at least 40 kilometres closer to your new work or school. Notes If you moved before 2011 but could not claim all your expenses on your return for that year or later, you may be able to claim the remaining expenses on your return for 2011. In [...]